The NJMC Business Accelerator Advisory Board is comprised of a select group of volunteers who provide strategic guidance and support to Accelerator client companies. Their participation helps to expand the recruitment of high quality emerging businesses and helps accelerate the transformation of Accelerator clients to sustainable commercial businesses creating jobs for the region and state.
The Advisory Board meets twice a year and some Advisory Board members serve as mentors or advisors to individual clients or participate in community outreach activities on behalf of the NJMC Business Accelerator. Advisory Board members are catalysts for creating and maintaining a small business consciousness in the state. They will offer experienced-based insights to Accelerator clients about the challenges facing emerging businesses.
Each Advisory Board member was invited to serve because of their vast business experience and their commitment to economic growth in the Meadowlands District and the State of New Jersey.
The NJMC Business Advisory Board members are:
- Marcia A. Karrow, Executive Director, New Jersey Meadowlands Commission
- Suresh Arya, Partner, Klick Capital
- Maxine Ballen, CEO, New Jersey Technology Council
- Mario Casabona, Chair, Jump Start, Casabona Ventures
- Kathleen Coviello, Director, New Jersey Economic Development Authority
- James J. Florio, Esq. Florio Perrucci Steinhardt & Fader, LLC, Former New Jersey Governor
- Ken Hollenbeck, Esq – Scarinci & Hollenbeck
- Vincent D’Elia, Bergen County Community College
- Arrun Kapoor, Principal, SJF Ventures, NYC
- Jim Kirkos, Director, Meadowlands Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Lex McCusker, PhD, Dean, Wesley J. Howe School of Technology Management Stevens Institute of Technology
- Nina Moseley, Senior Director, Office of Woman & Minority Businesses Development
- Janet George Murnick, PhD, CEO, UV Solutions, Inc
- Elizabeth Spinelli, Director, Hudson County Economic Development
- William Steffens, Vice President, PSEG
- Emanuel Stern, President & COO, Hartz Mountain Industries
- Joseph Sullivan, Ombudsman Business Energy, New Jersey Board of Public Utilities